When you are lucky enough to receive a stunning bouquet of flowers, naturally you wish to keep them alive and looking beautiful for as long as possible. Here are our top tips for doing just that!
- Unwrap your flowers with care
Taking the time to do this means less damage to flowers and leaves
- Ensure your chosen vase is clean and disinfected
Use a dash of bleach to do this
- Add flower food and water to your vase
We don’t recommend using sugar or lemon as you may see suggested elsewhere – stick to the flower food we provide
- Cut the bottom of the stems at a 45-degree angle
Do this every time you change the water
- Remove any foliage that is below water level
Foliage contains lots of bacteria that kills the blooms if they are in the water
- Place the vase away from direct sunlight
This might sound odd, but your blooms shouldn’t sit directly in sunlight, but a well-lit area instead
- Ensure they are kept in a cool room
The cooler the room, the longer your flowers will last
- Change the water every 3 days
Remember to trim those stems!
- Remove any faded blooms
This encourages the remaining buds to open
Treat your precious bouquet with love and care and it will reward you by lasting for much longer than expected!